While shopping this holiday season, remember that the Federal Reserve is closed on the holidays. Why does this matter, you may ask yourself. Well, here is why it matters:
- Signing for your purchases (choosing credit): When the Federal Reserve is closed, your transactions are not posted to your bank account or credit card in real-time. Basically it’s delayed until the next business day. So the money in your account from Friday isn’t the money you will have after Monday. You must deduct all of your receipts from your shopping adventure BEFORE you spend another penny to be sure that there is enough money to cover those gifts. If you have already done this- great, you should be set.
- When using debit (entering your PIN), the money is deducted immediately (real-time) and shows as pending on your account activity. This is the best option in my opinion; however, that choice is yours’ to make. So, if you choose to use method number (1), just follow the instructions provided.
- Balance your register (checkbook)- this will determine if you’re on point with your spending from the start and after the bank has updated their systems with all your holiday shopping. In this instance, on Tuesday night.
The most important thing about this post is to prevent insufficient fund fees from hitting your account. Being mindful of your spending habits/triggers will help to relieve anxiety before, during and after the holidays. Trust me, your friendly customer service representatives at the bank will thank you.
My years of customer service training is definitely serving its purpose and I appreciate the opportunity to share with you some of my experiences in finance. Thanks for reading, remember to like, share, and/or comment!
Happy Holidays! See you next year. Until then..
Wishing you and yours peace, love, and prosperity
*featured image credit to rightful owner
I’m so happy to have received a visit from this young lady “Simple Ula”! Thank you for sharing your words and thoughts on life and living it abundantly. As I make my journey through life, I like to read and learn new things that will help to keep my mind, body, and soul healthy, and at peace. In addition to my post on “who says it can’t be done?!” with three 30 Day Challenges, I will include some of the healthy drinks with my “doyouyoga-mediation challenge” from Simple Ula’s site read more here: Mornings – what’s the healthiest to drink first?
Like Ula, I’ve always contemplated what’s the best thing to drink in the mornings before breakfast that will energize my body and mind to make it throughout the day. Since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, it’s been a challenge keeping my spirits high with all the prescription drugs but I’m determined to win this battle with a little help from my friends. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hope you click on the links here and delve into other topics on my blog as well.
Here’s to life, happiness, and prosperity! Feel free to like, share, and/or comment on some things you find that naturally keep you on your toes- like exercising, mediation, and clean eating habits that work for you with the rest of the world. Remember, we are all connected and everything you do MATTERS!
Until next time…
Peace, love, and prosperity,
Let’s face it- some of us are living beyond our means, in staggering debt, and not exercising enough and it’s by our own doing (or not doing)! Yep, there I said it! No excuses, and no apologies!
The first step to success is to admit to a problem and then find ways to solve it. These challenges will take us into the next year and start a snowball effect that will drastically change our lives- are you up for it? So, I challenge you to do one if not more of the following with me and see where we end up. Here’s a list of the following challenges. Your mission, if you decide to take it-
Read the following blog articles and/or video challenges, then choose one (or all three) to work on:
- The 30 Day No-Fail Money Challenge – The Debt Myth
- 30 Day Challenge: Finishing What I Started
- The 30 Day Meditation Challenge on DOYOUYOGA
There’s only three to choose from- how hard could it be? Remember, just pick one and do it consistently for the next 30 days! As always, “comment”, “like”, and/or “share”.
See you soon!
Until next time…
Peace, love and prosperity,