Disclaimer: This track doesn’t belong to me nor is it my voice. My daughter can claim that. 🙂
When you start to think and act differently, from your friends who keep doing things the same old way; watch how small your circle gets. Be good with that (small circle of true friends) and keep on improving yourself- they will support you. Elevate higher (grow your knowledge) and stay focused on the prize (building wealth). What’s more important? Having a bunch of fake friends with drama in your life or peace of mind?
Step up and out of that rut of negative energy and build your legacy, one stock, bond, REIT at a time. Surround yourself with like-minded people; find your tribe, go to meetings instead of to the club (unless you’re promoting your brand through your music or work there). Don’t get me wrong, it’s okay to go out to a live concert and maybe even hang out with some friends once in a while, but never let that be the thing to do just to do it. Put some discipline in your decisions. Live your life and set the example of what energy you will allow. When you start loving yourself unconditionally, you build the confidence that attracts more of the same and those “fake friends” causing trust issues, will disappear!”
By clicking on the link you and I can earn $5.00. Remember- pennies add up to dollars let’s keep it going!
A lot of people don’t trust the stock market, but there are others who have been making millions off it, and if you learn a few things about the markets, it a great option to grow wealth. Yes, I know that you can lose it too; but every bear market has recovered more often than not. So, do some research and read, read, read about the company before investing in it. Disclaimer: I am not an advisor, I just trust my gut feelings and use my research skills to put my money in investments that meet my goals and investment style.
Or, you can let Acorns help you by investing the small change from your everyday purchases and watch your earnings grow. Just don’t get all emotional because you saw your portfolio drop a few percentage points- stay in it for the long haul. I looked at my overall performance and saw one day that there was zero dollars and the next it was back up! “Set it and forget it” has been my motto and it’s been working so far. I just peek at it once in a while.
Bottom line- we all have trust issues. Face them and move forward. I hope you enjoyed the little song clip by IAmLayla and the words written here today! That’s all folks.
Peace, love and prosperity!
Your Financial Literacy Advocate
Credit/Debit Card Fraud! Oh No!
Greetings follow bloggers and visitors!
‘Tis the season for scammers and all that’s worrisome during the shopping season! But don’t fret, here are 4 ways to protect your account(s):
- We all know too well that no matter how safe you are with your credit card and debit card accounts, fraud can still happen. So, sign up for alerts through text and/or email about a purchase so you can take action immediately, if you notice something suspicious.
- While we’re bustling around from store to store- get receipts for every purchase and use this once you are settled at home to confirm any amount that appears on your account activity. You might be surprised to know that many customers can’t remember if they shopped at a particular store within a certain time-frame and receipts can help filter out fraudulent/unrecognized charges.
- Monitor your accounts regularly. With today’s technology, it’s really easy to check on your accounts. Even if you are averse to change (yes, there are some people who prefer to stick to outdated paradigms, like telephone banking i.e.- using the banks automated phone system to listen to their transactions), one must review transaction history in case a merchant inadvertently charged twice for the same item. It happens, and due diligence on our part will help discover discrepancies early to fix it while it’s still pending. Once it posts to your account, it will take longer to get your money back. In most instances, you can call the merchant and the error can be fixed immediately, other times it can take a few days to fall off the account.
- If you see inaccuracies, contact your bank as soon as possible, and cancel or close the credit/debit card and have a new one issued, if warranted. Keep your cool and stay alert during this shopping season.
I hope this information is helpful. Stay safe, alert, and cheerful. Like, share, comment.
Peace, love, and prosperity,
ET- your financial literacy advocate
When we see things happening in society and fail to QUESTION it, we are actually, failing to grow. If we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem. Why is most of society in poverty? Why are there so many homeless people on the streets in every city you visit? Why are there so many children in foster care? Why do we have so many in private prisons? Why isn’t financial education courses taught in schools? Why are history books so outdated? Makes you think, right?! I hope so. Ask the questions, think of solutions, we can make a difference. Song by Billy Holiday “God Bless the child”.
Them that’s got shall get Them that’s not shall lose So the Bible said and it still is news Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that’s got his own That’s got his ownYes, the strong gets more While the weak ones fade Empty pockets don’t ever make the grade Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that’s got his own That’s got his ownMoney, you’ve got lots of friends Crowding round the door When you’re gone and spending ends They don’t come no more Rich relations give Crust of bread and such You can help yourself But don’t take too much Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that’s got his own That’s got his own
Make That Change
- Take a look in the mirror
- Be the change you want to see in the world
- When you think about quitting, think about why you started
- Read a self-development book, gain more knowledge
- Each one teach one
- Surround yourself with positive, supportive and successful people
Keep on improving and learning people. Ask the hard questions and then do something about it.
I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on life. Like, share and/or comment. Strong families, create strong communities, and nations! Feel me?
Thanks for reading, until next time…
Peace, Love, and Prosperity,
ET – Your Financial Literacy Advocate